Sooooooo...it actually does rain here, and when it does...oh boy. EXTREME weather arrived Friday. An 80% chance of rain, turned into full blown Tundra as we headed to the second hole of "Spike's Super Bowl Scramble". Thankfully, I was able to dig out a rain glove from the bag.
Despite the conditions, the Gallagher & Kennedy squad represented. 9 birdies in a row will really propel a team to a vickery. Making its first appearance was a belly putter. MONEY. The four birdie putts I made were only rivaled by the 15 or so really good putts that burned the edge. A new era has begun.
As I arrived in the clubhouse, with water squishing out from my shoes and as wet as I've ever been, we realized that we had won. I quickly removed the sponges I was wearing on my feet and obtained a triple Bailey's/Kahlua and Coffee. I have never been so happy to see a hot beverage.
Here is a shot of the trophy. Pretty cool. It is a helmet, cut in half and decorated. Managed to buy some good Christmas presents with the $150 we won at TPC Scottsdale this afternoon. A 25% off sale didn't hurt.
1 comment:
Great job Dave! You keep putting like that and you'll be a permanent member of the G&K Golf Team.
Post a Comment